Posted to builds@apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2010/10/13 18:51:35 UTC

Hudson Master's Clover parsing broken?

Hi,

Sometimes (not always), but for our Clover-2.6.3-enabled Apache Solr builds
at least always, the final parsing of clover.xml seems to be broken on
Hudson Master:

[TASKS] Scanning workspace files for tasks...
Publishing Javadoc
Archiving artifacts
Recording test results
Publishing Clover coverage report...
Publishing Clover HTML report...
Publishing Clover XML report...
Publishing Clover coverage results...
FATAL: Unable to copy coverage from
/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Solr-trunk/checkout/solr/build/tests/clo
ver/reports to
/home/hudson/hudson/jobs/Solr-trunk/builds/2010-10-13_16-12-10
hudson.util.IOException2: Cannot parse coverage results
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverCoverageParser.parse(CloverCoverageParser.java:8
9)
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverCoverageParser.parse(CloverCoverageParser.java:5
1)
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher.processCloverXml(CloverPublisher.java:
202)
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher.perform(CloverPublisher.java:163)
	at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$3.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:36)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:601)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild
.java:580)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild
.java:558)
	at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.post2(Build.java:157)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.post(AbstractBuild.java:528)
	at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1303)
	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
	at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:140)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start
and end within the same entity.
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractS
AXParser.java:1231)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SA
XParserImpl.java:522)
	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1666)
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverCoverageParser.parse(CloverCoverageParser.java:8
7)
	... 13 more
ERROR: Publisher hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher aborted due to
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverBuildAction.<init>(CloverBuildAction.java:133)
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverBuildAction.load(CloverBuildAction.java:265)
	at
hudson.plugins.clover.CloverPublisher.processCloverXml(CloverPublisher.java:
208)
[...]
Sending e-mails to: dev@lucene.apache.org
Finished: FAILURE

Previously the Clover runs work perfectly. The downloaded clover.xml from
the workspace also looks fine and has definitely no XML parse errors. Maybe
a network problem? I checked/rebooted everything, the only broken part seems
the master...

What to do? Reboot? Upgrade? Thanks for looking after this!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Re: Hudson Master's Clover parsing broken?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I seems to occur much more often on one solaris slave than the other.  Does
> that help diagnose it?

Not from my point of view I'm afraid. We run all slaves in the same
way so there is nothing obvious that should cause this difference.

/niklas

Re: Hudson Master's Clover parsing broken?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
I opened: http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-7836

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org
Apache Lucene PMC Member / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi,

we have a similar error for Directory builds, but we use Cobertura:

FATAL: Unable to parse
/home/hudson/hudson/jobs/dir-shared-metrics/builds/2010-10-19_06-00-39/coverage.xml
hudson.util.IOException2: Cannot parse coverage results
	at hudson.plugins.cobertura.CoberturaCoverageParser.parse(CoberturaCoverageParser.java:89)
	at hudson.plugins.cobertura.CoberturaCoverageParser.parse(CoberturaCoverageParser.java:52)

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,