Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch> on 2005/03/10 08:35:18 UTC

Re: Nested SVG

Hi Chandra,

yes, it is possible and supported by Batik, ASV3 and ASV6. I use this
feature all the time.

You have to be more specific with your question? What problems do you
run into?

If you merge two file, you have to make sure that the id's used are unique.

Andreas

chandrashekar srinivasan wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am encountering a problem with merging svg files. basically the svg
> files Iam using are maps.I did see some messages in the archives which
> seemed to address that.... but I am still having problems...
> so to start with these are my questions.
>
> 1) is nested svg supported? i mean an svg file with series of
>                                              <svg>
>                                              </svg>
>                                    </svg>
>
> I manually tried merging two svg files in the above fashion but with
> no success. can you guys help me here? All Iam trying to do here is
> to merge two independent interactive svg files into one physical svg
> file.
> Thanks a bunch in advance.
>
> Chandra

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/

Re: Nested SVG

Posted by Andres Toussaint <an...@onemileup.com>.
Chandra:

Also, at what stage are you merging the files? Before loading them into
a org.w3c.dom.Document? Or you already have your SVGDocument objects
and want to insert one into the other?

If your problem is the second, this post may help you:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=batik-
users@xml.apache.org&msgId=1924210

Andres T.