Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com> on 2013/04/01 10:01:31 UTC

Re: New Avro Committer: Martin Kleppmann

Yes, please still attach patches to JIRA and ask for review, aside from
absolutely trivial changes (e.g. typo in code comment or CHANGES.txt).
Typically we wait for comments and review before committing, and we cannot
commit if there is a technical objection from another committer.  If we do
not get a review, we usually give a heads-up in the JIRA ticket like: "I
will commit this at the end of the week if there are no objections".

More about our process is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AVRO/How+To+Contribute#HowToCon
tribute-CommittingGuidelinesforcommitters

And Apache's information for committers:
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html

Welcome, Martin!

-Scott