Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Deepti Jindal -X (djindal - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco)" <dj...@cisco.com> on 2015/12/22 19:10:25 UTC

Rebalancing in Kafka 0.8.2.2

Hi,

I am using kafka 0.8.2.2 for developing an application for my company.
We will be using High Level Consumer API for the same. There is one point which I want to confirm in this regard, that In Kafka 0.8.2.2 there is no callback or any mechanism available which will tell the consumer that a rebalance has occurred at Kafka.
I am saying in apropos of ConsumerRebalance Interface which is available in 0.9.0.0 version. Is something similar available in 0.8.2.2 version as well?

Also I can see kafkaConsumer class is available in Kafka-Client-0.8.2.2 jar? Does that mean there are two ways to write a consumer in 0.8.2.2 version - One using High Level Consumer API and the other one using new KafkaConsumer class?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepti Jindal