Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/21 02:29:32 UTC

Fun with XML schema validation

I'm hoping that the following makes some sense to someone reading this.

I acquire a schema for Aegis files via:

SchemaFactory.newInstance(XMLConstants.W3C_XML_SCHEMA_NS_URI).
                            newSchema(new StreamSource(is));

I stick this into a DocumentBuilderFactory.

I use a builder from that factory to read the file.

Blam:

[main] ERROR org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.XMLTypeCreator  - Error loading
file /org/apache/cxf/aegis/type/map/fortest/MapTest.aegis.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of
element 'mappings'.

Then I validate the very same file with the very same schema from inside
eclipse.

No errors.

Anyone else ever used this stuff?