Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/07 16:29:33 UTC

future of OM frontend

(moving to dev@)

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 03:59, seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> In the long run I am interested in how NPM fits with the Apache Foundation.
> But maybe that is something to raise with @legal and @infra:
>  - Current vetting of licenses is based heavily on maven (e.g. maven-rat),
> how will that translate into NPM?

The project is responsible for the 3rd party components/libraries it uses
I try to check the license of JS components (but not their trees)

 - NPM ecosystem is considered a lot more volatile than Maven. A lot more
> changes in a shorter period of time. Would probably mean even tighter
> governance on making sure licensing is considered

We are (semi)manually updating versions
this might be dangerous since we have no frontend tests :(

 - Same for managing dependencies: ASF has a Maven repo, but no NPM
> repo/mirror. Are there any plans at ASF to establish a NPM mirror, or are
> we proposing npmjs is what projects should use and publish to?

If I'm not mistaken there was discussion
Will try to search archives (no ETA unfortunately :(( )

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 at 03:13, seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If it's just JS + CSS changes you an update the files in a running
> openmeetings server using those scripts:
>
> https://openmeetings.apache.org/BuildInstructions.html#update-javascript-and-css-at-runtime
>
> This will take ~10seconds + refresh the browser. Compared to 2-3 minutes to
> do a rebuild and then restart the server.
>
> However it won't work if you happen to need to update any of the HTML
> files.

I prefer to restart
let me do some coffee and think a little bit :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: future of OM frontend

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
sorry for double post

Maybe I'll check this tool https://www.snowpack.dev/ for out build
not sure yet if this will be useful or not

--
Best regards,
Maxim