Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Eldon Carman <ec...@ucr.edu> on 2015/09/10 19:14:55 UTC

Re: VXQuery Cluster Diagrams for Documentation

I updated the diagrams based on the feedback. The Yarn diagram opens the
question about how to return the result from a query. I think this
discussion be started in a new thread. Otherwise, what do you think of the
new diagrams.

Posted by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org>.
After several informal discussions regarding the VXQuery cluster, I think
that we should only have two designs: one for local file system data and
one for HDFS. The cluster would have two methods of starting and stopping
the cluster: one using pythons scripts and ssh and another using scripts to
work with YARN. The HDFS cluster example should be the same for both the
python scripts and the YARN cluster. The only difference would be the
method for creating/starting the cluster. After the cluster was started,
the cli could talk to either through the cluster controller's ip address.
The two diagrams have been updated with this in mind. Please ignore the
yarn cluster diagram.

Thoughts?

Posted by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.