Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 12:27:48 UTC

Re: Tuscany WSDL2Java

Hi,

I have been looking into Java2WSDL in Tuscany.  The relationship between
what we have in Tuscany to that in Axis2 is that the Tuscany one is a
wrapper.  We started doing this because during the M1 time there were a
couple of things that need to be fixed in Axis2.  We did that under the
covers of the Tuscany wrapper.

Later down, things started improving in the Axis2 code but did have trouble
(relatively less though) with duplicate schema definitions and so on.   So
the wrapper continued to take care of this.

Further down the line we had the requirement to support SDO types and call
into the SDO implemenations XSDHelper for this.  So this again had to be
done in the wrapper.

I have been following the Axis2 Java2WSDL for sometime now and I think this
Tuscany wrapper can be thinned down quite a bit.. just to take care of the
SDO types.  I hope to get to this soon.

I suppose the WSDL2Java should have a similar story.

- Venkat

Re: Tuscany WSDL2Java

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Dec 2, 2006, at 3:49 AM, Venkata Krishnan wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Yes this is dependent on Axis2 and SDO.
>
> I don't get your suggestion on regrouping and renaming.  Isn't it
> is a tool
> and in that which converts Java interfaces to WSDL and so
> Java2WSDL.  I
> think I am missing some point here

Hi Vankat,

I was trying to ask if the tool is tied to the use of Axis and/or
SDO. For example, can I use this tool to generate WSDL/Java that will
work with Celtix/JAXB or the JAX-WS RI? Or is it designed for use
with Axis and SDO as the databinding. Another way of asking this may
be, does the tool conform to the WSDL to Java mappings defined in the
JAX-WS spec? If it is is specific to Axis and/or SDO, I think we
should group it with one of those projects and potentially rename it
(much like we call Axis binding.axis and not binding.ws).

Jim

Re: Tuscany WSDL2Java

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,