Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pankaj Tiwari <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 09:54:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Applets Failed to load with http server as Proxy/Reverse with SSL

1. Configured http server 2.2.17 as proxy and reverse proxy for my web
application
2. The web application is running under Jboss without SSL
3. Able to load the web application (except Applets) through http server (no
ssl)
4. Able to load the web application as well as Applets through http server
(no ssl) but had to set ProxyPreserveHost in httpd.conf file
5. *Unable to load the web application at all when http server is configured
with ssl (ProxyPreserveHost is enabled)*
6. *Able to load the web application but not the Applets when http server is
configured with ssl (ProxyPreserveHost disabled)*

My VirtualHost configuration for SSL looks like this
//File: httpd-ssl.conf
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
..
ServerName WEBAPP.COM <http://webapp.com/>
..
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /WEBAPP http://WEBAPP.COM:8080/WEBAPP<http://webapp.com:8080/WEBAPP>
ProxyPassReverse /WEBAPP
http://WEBAPP.COM:8080/WEBAPP<http://webapp.com:8080/WEBAPP>
#ProxyPreserveHost On

Q1. Is this a correct redirection      (HTTPS request) --> [HTTP Server]
-->  (HTTP redirect) --> [Web Application]
Q2. Any configuration change to allow applet load successfully?
Q3. The behavior of ProxyPreserveHost parameter.  It allows applets to load
when I am using plain HTTP but not when ssl is enabled

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Pankaj