Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Dickyp <ri...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2009/11/18 19:07:51 UTC

Weblogic integration

Hi

I am pretty new to J2ee and JMS, but can anybody point me in the direction
of integration of activemq and weblogic (11).  I am running JMS on my
weblogic server and want to integrate to external activemq server.

I knwo I need to configure an external bridge to the 3rd party message
provider, but assume some classes may be required specifically for activemq.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Weblogic integration

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
JMS provides a standard for how your code talks to a messaging
provider, but not how two messaging providers talk to each other.  In
fact there is no good way to transfer messages between the WebLogic
JMS provider and ActiveMQ (or between any other two JMS providers, for
that matter).  You would have to use a bridge that essentially listens
on WebLogic destinations and reposts messages to ActiveMQ or vice
versa.  I wouldn't recommend that.

The better way would be to completely ignore the WebLogic JMS
features.  You can deploy the ActiveMQ resource adapter in your
WebLogic application EAR and configure any MDBs in your application to
receive messages from ActiveMQ via that resource adapter.  You could
also arrange for any connection factories and destinations in your
application to point to ActiveMQ via that resource adapter.  I think
that would be the most reliable way to have a Java EE application use
ActiveMQ.

Thanks,
      Aaron

Re: Weblogic integration