Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/06 16:23:41 UTC

Versioning of geronimo-annotation spec jar

The Geronimo version of the common-annotations spec jar carries a
geronimo-annotation_1.0-MR1_spec version name.  I'm assuming this is
really the 1.1 annotations spec based on the internal name defined in
the POM.  In the JEE 6 specifications, this version is properly
identified as Common annotations 1.1.  I'm guessing that if I'm feeling
some confusion on whether this was the correct jar that others should as
well.  Shouldn't this be renamed?

I notice that the trunk version is still using
geronimo-annotation_1.0-1.1.1.  I'd like to uplevel this to the JEE6
version, but think I'd like to get a consensus on the naming issue first.

Rick

Re: Versioning of geronimo-annotation spec jar

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 6, 2010, at 7:23 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> The Geronimo version of the common-annotations spec jar carries a
> geronimo-annotation_1.0-MR1_spec version name.  I'm assuming this is
> really the 1.1 annotations spec based on the internal name defined
> in the POM.  In the JEE 6 specifications, this version is properly
> identified as Common annotations 1.1.  I'm guessing that if I'm
> feeling some confusion on whether this was the correct jar that
> others should as well.  Shouldn't this be renamed?
>
> I notice that the trunk version is still using geronimo-
> annotation_1.0-1.1.1.  I'd like to uplevel this to the JEE6 version,
> but think I'd like to get a consensus on the naming issue first.

I think you'd have to do some svn research to try to figure out what
is actually in the current project, but if the ee6 spec calls it 1.1
then we should copy the specs/trunk project to geronimo-
annotation_1.1_spec and probably start over with the versions at 1.0-
SNAPSHOT.

Thanks for keeping track of the spec versions :-)  There are probably
others that need to be updated for ee6, if you find more please ping
the dev list and update the names.

david jencks