Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ben Cuthbert <be...@ymail.com> on 2011/10/14 10:48:33 UTC

hbase-site.xml property placeholder

All

We are running a large setup for hbase and it would be good to be able to run 1 property file for the whole cluster. so we can can change values
in the hbase-site.xml. Is there a way to have the hbase-site.xml read from the env?

something like

<property>
		<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
		<value>${HBASE.SERVER.ZOOKEEPER.QUORUM}</value>
	</property>

Re: hbase-site.xml property placeholder

Posted by Ben Cuthbert <be...@ymail.com>.
Thanks. Sort if figured this out by using some scripts. Basically we use Amazon EC2 for our dev and uat env. And when you stop the service they change the hostnames.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.