Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/08 17:59:54 UTC

Clover version; release new project POM

I had some problems generating the site, because the build phase was
using clover 2.6.3, whereas the report phase was using the latest
Clover which is currently 3.0.2.

I've added a property clover.version (3.0.2) to the project POM.
It would be nice to be able to add the clover plugin details to the
reporting section of the project POM, but AFAIK, that will force
clover to be run for all modules, which we don't want.

So it looks like all the child POMs that have clover in the reporting
section will need the version to be added.

I guess this also means that we need to release the project POM - need
to do that anyway for the skin updates.

I'm happy to RM them both.

Re: Clover version; release new project POM

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 8 February 2011 20:17, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 19:23 +0000, sebb wrote:
>

>> > And I know I used 3.0.2 to generate the data as well (the 2.6.3
>> > database is not compatible with 3.0.2).
>>
>> I've just tried running with 2.6.2, 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 and they all seem
>> to work with the 2.6.3 license, for example:
>>
>> [INFO] Clover Version 3.0.1, built on March 31 2010 (build-787)
>> [INFO] Clover: Open Source License registered to Apache.
>>

> Hhm. That never worked for me for some reason.

I have the following in my settings.xml:

    <profile>
      <id>clover</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>
        <maven.clover.licenseLocation>D:\eclipseworkspaces\main\clover.license</maven.clover.licenseLocation>
      </properties>
    </profile>

and the clover.license file is the one donated to the ASF.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 8 February 2011 19:04, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 February 2011 18:52, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sebastian,
>>>
>>> ASF does not have a license for the latest version of Clover. This is the reason poms used version 2.6.3.
>>
>> I see, in which case I'll change the version back.
>> But in any case, the version needs to be specified in the reporting
>> section as well.
>>
>> But I was able to run version 3.0.2 earlier, and I did not notice a
>> problem with the licence.
>> I need to investigate further.
>
> Weird.
>
> The licence I'm using is definitely the one we were given for 2.6.3,
> yet the report I generated says:
>
> Clover  Report generated by Clover Code Coverage v3.0.2
> Tue Feb 8 2011 17:01:53 GMT.                    Clover: Open Source License
> registered to Apache.
>
> And I know I used 3.0.2 to generate the data as well (the 2.6.3
> database is not compatible with 3.0.2).

I've just tried running with 2.6.2, 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 and they all seem
to work with the 2.6.3 license, for example:

[INFO] Clover Version 3.0.1, built on March 31 2010 (build-787)
[INFO] Clover: Open Source License registered to Apache.

It's easy enough to override the version (-Dclover.version=3.0.2) if
required, so I've left the setting for now.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.