Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by JD Smith <jd...@interbee.com> on 2006/04/11 23:30:26 UTC

bayes db issue

I recently switched to using mysql bayes.  I am getting a [1135] dbg:
bayes: unable to initialize database for root user, aborting! When I do
spamassassin -d --lint  any idea what I need to change?

Best regards,

JD Smith

Re: bayes db issue

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
JD Smith wrote:
> I recently switched to using mysql bayes.  I am getting a [1135] dbg:
> bayes: unable to initialize database for root user, aborting! When I do
> spamassassin -d --lint  any idea what I need to change?

Its kind of a bad warning message.  Bayes will not attempt to initialize
the database until you actually try to write to it.  In general you can
probably ignore unless you are trying to do some sort of learning.

Michael

Re: bayes db issue

Posted by Dhawal Doshy <dh...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
JD Smith writes:

> I recently switched to using mysql bayes.  I am getting a [1135] dbg:
> bayes: unable to initialize database for root user, aborting! When I do
> spamassassin -d --lint  any idea what I need to change?

Try a "select id,username,spam_count,ham_count from bayes_vars" on your
bates database to find the username under which your bayes exists..

Next use the username in the above query to add this line in your local.cf
bayes_sql_override_username username

hth,
 - dhawal

> Best regards,
>
> JD Smith

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail requesting deletion of the original message.
Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its
contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
risk
of virus infection & spam, but is not liable for any damage, you may sustain
as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from this e-mail address.

Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.'s e-mail system.

RE: bayes db issue

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>I recently switched to using mysql bayes.  I am getting a [1135] dbg:
>bayes: unable to initialize database for root user, aborting! When I do
>spamassassin -d --lint  any idea what I need to change?
>
>Best regards,
>
>JD Smith

You possibly have not learned a message as root yet. As root, try this:

sa-learn --spam < sample-spam.txt