Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> on 2021/08/14 14:06:22 UTC

[HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ/Nabble integration is defunct

For years now Nabble has provided a forum-like interface for the ActiveMQ
"users" and "dev" mailing lists. In fact, many Apache projects had Nabble
integration for their mailing lists.

However, in June of last year (i.e. 2020) the head of Nabble announced [1]
that its future was bleak, ultimately concluding that, "...those looking
for a forum with a future should look elsewhere."

Then in early July of this year (i.e. 2021) Nabble announced [2] that it
was scaling back its infrastructure significantly to just 1 server. Any
forum that did not explicitly state that it wanted to migrate has been
dropped.

Some of you have probably noticed that the links to the ActiveMQ Nabble
forums [3] [4] from the "Contact" page no longer work. These links have now
been removed [5].

There are currently no plans to pursue further integration with Nabble or
seek another forum-like interface for the users & dev mailing lists. The
"Contact" page has links to searchable list archives.

Justin

[1] https://support.nabble.com/The-Future-of-Nabble-td7605923.html
[2] https://support.nabble.com/Downsizing-Nabble-td7609715.html
[3] http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-User-f2341805.html
[4] http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Dev-f2368404.html
[5] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/pull/56

Re: [HEADS-UP] ActiveMQ/Nabble integration is defunct

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I was informed that Apache itself maintains a web-interface [1] for the
list where one can read, send, and search. I've updated the website with
the appropriate links.

Justin

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?activemq.apache.org