Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Apurv Verma <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/10 15:08:34 UTC

Hadoop Problems

Hii,

I was playing around with hadoop. The command line hdfs tools seem to work
fine.

When I ran a sample program to interact with hdfs in Java using eclipse.
The commands ceased working at the command line properly. It appears as
though Eclipse acquires some kind of lock which is held even after eclipse
closes. Is there some way round this problem.

I also noticed that when I start eclipse on running jps I fail to see the
Datanode running.

I formatted everything and reinstalled everything. Command line tools came
back to normal but as soon as I rerun the program in eclipse the command
line commands refuse to work properly.

My dfs.replication is 1
My hadoop.tmp.dir is /home/apurv/fs

--
thanks and regards,

Apurv Verma

Re: Hadoop Problems

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Apurv,

for these kinds of specific problems, I would like to redirect you to the
HDFS mailing list.

You can reach the guys here:
hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/mailing_lists.html