Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 20:20:38 UTC

SEO friendly pagination

Hi,
I've read about pagination in cassandra. My current implementation is
get_range_slices with startKey = lastKey + 1, but I need to get the
specified page directly. Is it any chance to do this?

If you look at twitter, it has direct pagination too:
http://twitter.com/PetrOdut?page=1
http://twitter.com/PetrOdut?page=2
http://twitter.com/PetrOdut?page=3

Thanks, Petr

Re: SEO friendly pagination

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've read about pagination in cassandra. My current implementation is
> get_range_slices with startKey = lastKey + 1, but I need to get the
> specified page directly. Is it any chance to do this?
>
> If you look at twitter, it has direct pagination too:
> http://twitter.com/PetrOdut?page=1
> http://twitter.com/PetrOdut?page=2
> http://twitter.com/PetrOdut?page=3

I'm not sure what the SEO implications are of using page numbers
rather than tokens, but (as someone who's worked on Twitter's
pagination code) I'd say to use tokens.

-ryan