Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com> on 2016/12/12 14:08:53 UTC

Implicit file columns

From Drill 1.7, a select star query returns some implicit file columns(like
FQN,fileName,filePath,suffix). I could not find a documentation related to
this. This feature has been added with the commit
https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/491.

Can someone explain why it is required? Is there any ways to disable it?

Rahul

--
**** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the named addressee then you should not

Re: Implicit file columns

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
If you disable jdbc plugin, they won't appear.
Unfortunately when jdbc plugin is enabled, new rule is
added ProjectRemoveRules.class.
This rule removes Project stage but for implicit columns it's crucial as
Project is responsible for making them implicit.

Kind regards
Arina

Re: Implicit file columns

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>.