Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 18:31:35 UTC

Cursor hierarchy under review

Hi guys,

as Stefan has found a serious issue in the way we handle JdbmIndex
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1642), I'm spending a
few hours reviewing the Cursor hierarchy. There is plenty of room for
improvements, and I have started to clean up a bit what is obvious, like
renaming some classes to be consistent with our current code (for
instance, we have no more ServerEntry class, so the
ServerEntryCursorAdaptor has been renamed to EntryCursorAdaptor. I'm
also migrating some commmon methods to the existig Abstract class when
useful). I'm also adding some missing Javadoc.

I will continuedoing that the next two days, and I hope we can get rid
of DIRSERVER-1642 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1458 (an issue I have
created one year ago. Don't get me wrong : its title is certainly
abrupt, but back them, I wasn't able to understand anything about this
hierarchy. I would rather say that the cursor API generic usage could be
improved...)

Keep tuned.

Thanks !

Cordialement,