Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/03/09 03:30:39 UTC

[Xerces2] Attribute type

The XML infoset [1] provides for exposing the fact that the type of an
attribute might be unknown. This is different from SAX which uses CDATA
as the default. I suggest we change XNI to follow the infoset. There is
definitely some value in carrying the fact that the type is actually
unknown. Practically speaking this simply means the type can be null.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xml-infoset-20010202/

The XML Core WG met last week and we made significant progress on the
infoset spec. I expect a new version of this spec to be published soon.
At that point I plan to go through it and make sure XNI carries at least
all of it.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group

PS: I have much more to talk about for Xerces2 but I'm just swamped
right now. Hopefully, I'll see the light soon (even thought this seems
to be a never ending dream ;-)

Re: [Xerces2] Attribute type

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
+1