Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kamaljeet Kaur <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 15:26:55 UTC

Spelling suggestions.

Hello,

I have just configured apache-solr with my django project. And its working
fine with a very simple and basic searching. I want to add spelling
suggestions, if user misspell any word in the string entered.

In this particular mailing-list, I searched for it. Many have give the link:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent#head-78f5afcf43df544832809abc68dd36b98152670c

But I am using the version 3.5.0, Its for the version 1.3  Should i follow
this tutorial or they are available for solr version 3.5.0 ?

Thanks
Kamaljeet Kaur

Re: Spelling suggestions.

Posted by "tamanjit.bindra@yahoo.co.in" <ta...@yahoo.co.in>.
I think the issue is that you are trying to use WordBreakSolrSpellChecker
(which was introduced in Solr 4.x version) in your Solr App of 3.5 version.
You need to correct that.

Re: Spelling suggestions.

Posted by Kamaljeet Kaur <ka...@gmail.com>.
Actually I don't have much knowledge about the files and configuring
something with solr. Using apache-solr 3.5.0 and requesting the
following URL I got the result as shown in the attachment:

http://localhost:8983/solr/spell?q=delll
ultrashar&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.collate=true&spellcheck.build=true

On editing solrconfig.xml, as given in the above link, restarting solr
given the error: http://tny.cz/cccf5c8f

Running http://localhost:8983/solr/ gives the error: http://tny.cz/0c533931

Here is my solrconfig.xml: http://tny.cz/4855ed9f
Where is the problem?

Re: Spelling suggestions.

Posted by Jason Hellman <jh...@innoventsolutions.com>.
The majority of the behavior outlined in that wiki page should work quite sufficiently for 3.5.0.  Note that there are only a few items that are marked Solr4.0 only (DirectSolrSpellChecker and WordBreakSolrSpellChecker, for example).