Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by "Nai Yan. " <zh...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/16 10:25:22 UTC

Any update for Superset support for Drill?

Greetings,
        I've heard from the community Drill will support Superset?  I was wondering if there's  any progress? Any plan for landing?

        Thanks in advance!

Nai Yan

Re: Re: Any update for Superset support for Drill?

Posted by "Nai Yan. " <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any update for Superset support for Drill?

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Let me add a bit to the Superset + Drill question.  The PR on the Superset repo (https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/pull/6610 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/pull/6610>) works with Drill 1.15, however, there are two code cleanup issues which I’m kind of stuck on.  I’ve asked for help from the Superset community and not really gotten anywhere, so if there’s anyone on the Drill side that is good with Python and could take a look, I’d really appreciate it. Unfortunately, Superset will not accept the PR until those issues are dealt with, at least I don’t think they will.
—C

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
The PR is opened to Superset project and Drill doesn't require any code
changes.
That's why Drill + Superset combination relates to Superset release, not
Drill.
As you can see the PR is in the review process now. Feel free to ask
Superset community about this task.

Kind regards
Vitalii

Posted by "Nai Yan. " <zh...@gmail.com>.