Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2003/09/23 22:09:55 UTC

RE: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Folks,
I just finished porting HttpClient 2.0rc1 to JRE 1.1. If there's enough
interest I'll put a semi-official HttpClient fork on SourceForge.org for
those who, like me ,still have to support Java 1.1 platforms.
Any strong opinions for or against it?

Cheers

Oleg

Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Maybe maintain a patch for the required source modifications?

Roland

Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
23.09.2003 23:39
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

        To:     Commons HttpClient Project
<co...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> It took me just a few hours, but I have to say I know quite a bit about
> HttpClient's internals.

Well, I hope so:)

> This year release is going to be the last one with JRE 1.1 support as
> far as my application is concerned. I doubt I would actively maintain
> the port myself. Unless someone else steps in, the port would be pretty
> much unmaintainable.

It's such a shame for it to be dead on arrival.  It would be nice if we
could keep it tied to HttpClient directly somehow.  Other than replacing
all java.util names with the collection.jar package names what must be
done?  Would it be possible to just include some directions, an Ant
script, and a few custom classes in contrib?

Mike

For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.

Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
How much work was involved in the port?  Is it something that will be
maintainable?

Mike