Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hubert Holtz <Tu...@gmx.net> on 2003/05/18 23:45:48 UTC

integrate jsp into cocoon newbie question

Hy all,

I try to use a jsp file inside cocoon. (2.03 on tomcat 4.1.24)
So far I did the following:

added this to my sitemap:

<map:generator label="content,data" name="jsp" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator"/>
<map:reader name="jsp" src="org.apache.cocoon.reading.JSPReader"/>

<map:match pattern="*.jsp">
		<map:generate src="jsp/{1}.jsp" type="jsp"/>
		<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

At the moment I don't want to transform it by a stylesheet, or do I have to do that to make it work?
I just want to link to a jsp page which handles some formular things.

What do I have to do to integrate it in Cocoon and not just link it (but how the first works would also be a good start)?

If I use the above sitemap I get an error:

message ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator.generate(JspGenerator.java:133)

What does that mean?

Sorry for so much question, but I have no clue what to do.

Regards
Steve

Re: integrate jsp into cocoon newbie question

Posted by Lajos <la...@galatea.com>.
Hi Steve -

If you just want to use JSPs without any transformation, then use the
JSPReader ( <map:read type="jsp" src="myjsp.jsp"/> ). Have you tried that?

Regards,

Lajos

Hubert Holtz wrote:
> Hy all,
>
> I try to use a jsp file inside cocoon. (2.03 on tomcat 4.1.24)
> So far I did the following:
>
> added this to my sitemap:
>
> <map:generator label="content,data" name="jsp" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator"/>
> <map:reader name="jsp" src="org.apache.cocoon.reading.JSPReader"/>
>

> <map:match pattern="*.jsp">
> 		<map:generate src="jsp/{1}.jsp" type="jsp"/>
> 		<map:serialize type="html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> At the moment I don't want to transform it by a stylesheet, or do I have to do that to make it work?
> I just want to link to a jsp page which handles some formular things.
>
> What do I have to do to integrate it in Cocoon and not just link it (but how the first works would also be a good start)?
>

> If I use the above sitemap I get an error:
>

> message ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()
>
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()
>
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> source Cocoon servlet
>
> stack-trace
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator.generate(JspGenerator.java:133)
>
> What does that mean?
>

> Sorry for so much question, but I have no clue what to do.
>
> Regards
> Steve

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL