Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> on 2006/01/10 22:07:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r18050 - trunk/www

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, kfogel@tigris.org wrote:

> Author: kfogel
> Date: Tue Jan 10 15:22:50 2006
> New Revision: 18050
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/www/poole-response.html   (props changed)
>
> Log:
> * www/poole-response.html: Set svn:mime-type property to "text/html".

It would be nice if our hook scripts did this automatically for
commits to the www/ sub-directory of files ending in the regex
"\.html(\..+)?".
--

Daniel Rall

Re: svn commit: r18050 - trunk/www

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

[...]
> Point taken, dream squashed.

Well, this isn't something that should be happening at commit time anyway.  It
should be happening at "svn add" time, or between then and commit, so you've
got a chance to check and correct it.  So it should be done by "auto-props",
except that that feature really needs to be activated through inherited
properties or at least repository-distributed configuration rather than through
individual users' local configurations.  Or done by "make" or checked by "make
check".  I've long thought (and occasionally mentioned) that we could usefully
put a "check-source" stage in "make check", to check things about the source
code like these properties, and whether there are any tab characters in C
files, etc.

- Julian

Re: svn commit: r18050 - trunk/www

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 1/10/06, Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> wrote:

> > > Hook scripts can't set properties (at least not easily), although they
> > > could confirm that it's set I suppose...
> >
> > fs.change_txn_prop(txn_t, core.SVN_PROP_REVISION_AUTHOR, "GuessWho", pool)
>
> Rev props are one thing, but txn props mean the working copy you
> committed from is now out of date.  That seems bad...

Point taken, dream squashed.
--

Daniel Rall

Re: svn commit: r18050 - trunk/www

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/10/06, Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> > > It would be nice if our hook scripts did this automatically for
> > > commits to the www/ sub-directory of files ending in the regex
> >
> > Hook scripts can't set properties (at least not easily), although they
> > could confirm that it's set I suppose...
>
> fs.change_txn_prop(txn_t, core.SVN_PROP_REVISION_AUTHOR, "GuessWho", pool)

Rev props are one thing, but txn props mean the working copy you
committed from is now out of date.  That seems bad...

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r18050 - trunk/www

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.