Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/10 00:39:14 UTC

page manipulation framework

I'm still in the process of migrating our app to Tapestry 4. We have
few complex components and we have to still evolve our version 3 app
so this has been a slow process.
One complex issue we had was to convert page names to Tapestry 4
friendly names (we had lots of dashes in the page names). I decided to
write a small program to do that automatically (capitalize page names,
remove dashes and update pagelinks and externallinks + fix the
.application + java code).  I based it on HtmlParser
(http://htmlparser.sourceforge.net/) and it allows to do nice html
manipulations (create a tree of nodes and manipulate them). I'm
planning to use the same framework to fully automate the html
conversion (I find xsl too difficult). If anyone is interested by the
code, I'll be glad to share it.

Thanks,

Henri.