Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by rs...@orincon.com on 2001/08/03 20:00:32 UTC

Multi-Format log file

I am new to using Log4j and I was wondering if I could get
some help with a problem.  I would like to be able to log
all my message to a single file, but I would like to use
different formats, based on priority.  It seems like this
would be a fairly common task but I was unable to find an
example in the docs or archive.

I thought that perhaps I could use multiple appenders with
the same file specified but I was worried that they might
stomp on each other or intermix messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ross