Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Merlo, Matthew J" <ma...@lmco.com> on 2000/03/01 21:05:42 UTC

Schema validation

I noticed an earlier question regarding turning on SAX2's validation feature
and here was the code included in the response:

try {
   Parser parser =
ParserFactory.makeParser("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");

((Configurable)parser).setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",
true);
   // you need to supply an error handler in order to see an error message!
   parser.setErrorHandler(h);
   parser.parse(args[0]);
} catch (Exception e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
}

I've seen this reference to the "Configurable" interface before and I
thought it was located at org.xml.sax.Configurable, but much to my dismay I
can't find this sucker anywhere.  I just want to test the Xerces schema
validation stuff and since my compiler doesn't recognize Configurable I'm
stuck for the time being.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, obviously I'm a newbie so the more
explicit the help the better.

Thanks,
Matt