Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Michael Vasile (Student Employee)" <mv...@saunders.rit.edu> on 2022/03/07 20:28:00 UTC

Guacamole 1.4.0 Issues setting up SAML authentication

Hi all,

Trying to configure SAML on Guacamole for the first time. I have recently built a new Guacamole environment running version 1.4.0, and am having issues with having our IdP communicate back to the SAML extension.

When attempting to authenticate using SAML, the authentication fails with this error in the logs:
SAML response did not pass validation: The response was received at http://[HOSTNAME]/guacamole/api/ext/saml/callback instead of https://[HOSTNAME]/api/ext/saml/callback.

The ACS on the IdP is specified as the https://[HOSTNAME]/api/ext/saml/callback, so it seems that there is some configuration issue or Guacamole or the web server (I am using Nginx for reverse proxying).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Guacamole 1.4.0 Issues setting up SAML authentication

Posted by Justin Engwer <ju...@mautobu.com>.
Hi,
Is there an equivalent for apache2?
Cheers,