Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by HellSpawn <r....@gmail.com> on 2006/05/24 15:19:54 UTC

Extract infos from documents and query external sites

Hi all, I'm new :)

I have to extract some informations from an address book in my site
(example: names and surnames) and then use it to build queries on sites like
scholar.google.com, indexing the result page with my crawler. Can I do it?
How?

Thank you

Rosario Salatiello
Sent from the Nutch - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Extract infos from documents and query external sites

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Think about using the google API.

However the way to go could be:

+ fetch your pages
+ do not parse the pages
+ write a map reduce job that extract your data
++ make a xhtml dom from the html e.g. using neko
++ use xpath queries to extract your data
++ also check out gate as a named entity extraction tool to extract
names based on patterns and heuristics.
++ write the names in a file.

+ build your query urls
+ inject the query urls in a empty crawl db
+ create a segment fetch it and update the segment agains a second
empty crawl database
+ remove the first segment and db
+ create a segment with your second db and fetch it.
You second segment will only contains the paper pages.

HTH
Stefan

Posted by Stefan Neufeind <ap...@stefan-neufeind.de>.
HellSpawn wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new :)
>
> I have to extract some informations from an address book in my site
> (example: names and surnames) and then use it to build queries on sites like
> scholar.google.com, indexing the result page with my crawler. Can I do it?
> How?

Not "out of the box". You'd have to figure out building query-strings (I
assume they use GET-parameters) from your addressbook, and you could
then "index" those URLs.

For me the question though remains why you'd want to do that - but you
could :-)

  Stefan