Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/03/28 15:13:36 UTC

[classlib] Module info for dependency jars

As you know, at the moment we have our own JARS in jre/lib/boot and they
contain module info for the explicit import/export of packages.

The dependency JARs that we take in for XML and ICU don't have that info
and we choose not to mess with those JARs.  I'd like to move the
dependency JARs into subdirectories under jre/lib/boot so that they can
have module info associated with them, and of course I will update the
bootclasspath.properties to reference them in their new locations.

The new layout will be:
jre/lib/boot/
        luni.jar
        archive.jar
        xerces_2.6.2/
                resolver.jar
                xercesImpl.jar
        xalan-j_2.6.0/
                xalan.jar

You get the idea.  Shout if you have any objections to this layout.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib] Module info for dependency jars

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
don't care