Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Cameron Hickey <ca...@panoramatos.com> on 2004/05/27 16:14:10 UTC

Generated OM classes have $clo instead of column names

I have been using torque 3.0 for the last year, and now that I am
starting a new project I decided to upgrade to the 3.1 split generation
tool.

After managing to get the JDBC task to properly generate a new schema
file from an existing database I need to use, I tried using the main ant
task to generate the OM classes.  Everything actually worked until I
compiled the project and discovered that the Base classes all had "$clo"
everywhere the column names should be.

This is an example:

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private String $clo;

I assume that this is caused by some portion of the velocity processing
not properly replacing this field ($clo) with the value from the XML
schema, but I cannot understand why.

I thought it might be because I was using a schema generated by the JDBC
task, but then I imported a schema I know works fine in torque 3.0 and
the same thing happened.

I don't know a lot about velocity, or have any idea how to debug it, but
I hope there is something I can change in my build.properties file to
make it properly recognize and use the column names from the XML file.

Any ideas?

Cameron

RE: Generated OM classes have $clo instead of column names

Posted by Cameron Hickey <ca...@panoramatos.com>.
In addition to the XML, here is a bit from the generated base class:

public abstract class BaseAdminuser extends BaseObject
{
    /** The Peer class */
    private static final AdminuserPeer peer =
        new AdminuserPeer();

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private int $clo;

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private String $clo;

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private String $clo;

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private String $clo;

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private String $clo;

    /** The value for the $clo field */
    private int $clo;

    /**
     * Get the Id
     *
     * @return int
     */
    public int getId()
    {
        return $clo;
    }

    /**
     * Set the value of Id
     *
     * @param v new value
     */
    public void setId(int v)
    {

                  if (this.$clo != v)
              {
            this.$clo = v;
            setModified(true);
        }

              }

    /**
     * Get the Name
     *
     * @return String
     */
    public String getName()
    {
        return $clo;
    }

    /**
     * Set the value of Name
     *
     * @param v new value
     */
    public void setName(String v)
    {
                  if (!ObjectUtils.equals(this.$clo, v))
              {
            this.$clo = v;
            setModified(true);
        }

              }

    /**
     * Get the Username
     *
     * @return String
     */
    public String getUsername()
    {
        return $clo;
    }

    /**
     * Set the value of Username
     *
     * @param v new value
     */
    public void setUsername(String v)
    {

                  if (!ObjectUtils.equals(this.$clo, v))
              {
            this.$clo = v;
            setModified(true);
        }

Can you give us a snippet from your XML schema that includes a table
that uses
$clo?

You may also want to read this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/user-guide.html#Escaping%20Valid%20VT
L%20References

Jim

Posted by Cameron Hickey <ca...@panoramatos.com>.
Here is one table from my schema file, but this is happening with every
object and every column.

<column name="id" primaryKey="true" required="true" autoIncrement="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
<column name="name" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="50"/>
<column name="username" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="20"/>
<column name="password" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="20"/>
<column name="email" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="50"/>
<column name="accesslevel" required="true" type="INTEGER" />

That article about velocity seems like it could be related, but I don't
really think I should have to make any changes to the templates, since I
am basically using everything out of the box...

thanks

Posted by James Roycroft <ja...@telus.net>.

Posted by T E Schmitz <ma...@numerixtechnology.de>.
For starters, look at Velocity.log for clues.

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz