Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/25 22:19:13 UTC

[WinXP][jdk1.4.1_02][Xindice-1.1b2-cvs] db is not constructed appropriately.

Hello all,

Is anybody else currently trying to build and run current cvs-checkout? It
appears to be build as 1.1b2. It is exhibiting a very strange problem and I've
reproduced both in my custom application where Xindice is embedded and with the
default war-file that is built from the checkout.

My environment is in the subject line above. The gist of the problem is that it
created subcollection folders at the JVM's current-working-directory, which in
this case is $CATALINA_HOME (aka $TOMCAT_HOME). I've constantly had a quirky
side effect that a folder called "db" is placed here, but left empty while my
own data under WEB-INF/db is successfuly used. But now "SysConfig" and
"SysSymbols" are placed here (no "db" folder) and none of my data can be found.

Have a done something glaringly wrong or is the current cvs really just that
much in flux that I need to re-check my configuration or initializatoin code.
XindiceServlet seems to only have one change, which is how the Database
instance is created.

If anybody has any clues about this, let me know, thanks. If this is really a
problem I've found, I would post this description as a bug if I don't hear that
there are known outstanding issues from the devs. Thanks.

/S

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: [WinXP][jdk1.4.1_02][Xindice-1.1b2-cvs] db is not constructed appropriately.

Posted by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com>.
Julian,

--- Julian <ce...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I also have the same problem.  Although my db still
> seems to repsond properly, it may conflict with

My db is not still responding any better, I wonder why the different symptom in
this aspect? Thomas, what about in your case?

> database folder naming schemas and data backup
> scripts.  I posted before (although a few details are
> changed) about my observations and actions regarding
> this problem:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-users&m=105897183723803&w=2
>
> I have to add that I was wrong in the posting and that
> my java code is not functioning any better than the
> command line.  Also, the "SysConfig" and "SysSymbols"
> tables are no longer created in the "system" directory
> as with 1.1b1, but at the db basedir (or working
> directory of the terminal). All these effects and
> those in my previous posting have occured using the
> xindice-embed protocol (-l option), current CVS, and
> j2sdk 1.4.1.

that pretty much describes what I'm getting exactly, except I don't use the
command-line interface at all, so terminal translates to the directory I
started Tomcat in.

Posted by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com>.
Thomas,

No, I went back to 1.1b1 for now. Now that we have two people with the same
problem I'd like to hear that someone is actually testing successfully with cvs
builds right now. That way I can tell if it's a showstopper and no-one else is
trying the recent builds, or if they are using them and the problem should be
pinpointed. It such a random problem that it's ignoring the XINDICE_HOME and
configuration that I wouldn't know what small change in the sources would cause
the problem. Thanks for the response.

/S

Posted by Thomas Felber <xi...@fhf-wi.de>.
Hi Steven,

Posted by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com>.
I guess I forgot one detail, althought I don't know that it matters:

Servlet container: Tomcat 4.1.24-LE-jdk14

Thanks,

/S

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com