Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrea Gazzarini <ag...@apache.org> on 2011/11/14 09:53:31 UTC

Dismax, pf and qf

Hi all,
In my dismax request handler I'm usually using both qf and pf
parameters in order to do phrse and query search with different
boosting.

Now there are some scenario when I want just the pf active (without
qf). Othen then surrounding my query with double quotes, is there
another way to do that? I mean, i would like to do the following

_query:"{!dismax pf=author^100}vincent kwner"

And that would fire a phrase search, not also

vincent OR knwer

By completelty ignoring the qf settings. I saw that if i omit the qf
parameter SOLR uses the default field and subsequently it returns no
result, even if the pf query is matching a record.

Regards,
Andrea

Re: Dismax, pf and qf

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Now there are some scenario when I want just the pf active (without
: qf). Othen then surrounding my query with double quotes, is there
: another way to do that? I mean, i would like to do the following
:
: _query:"{!dismax pf=author^100}vincent kwner"

...nope ... the pf is just a boosting factor to improve scores, there's no
way to force a match in the pf fields.

wrapping the input in quotes and using qf is the only way I know of to get
what you are describing.

-Hoss