Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/28 02:46:10 UTC

OFF TOPIC LIST CRITERIA

Sean Owen says the criteria of these two emailing list is not help to
support some body
who is new but for people who have been using the software for a long time.

He is implying I think that I should only send email when I find bugs so
that I can help him in his work.
A one way street.

He is suggesting the more familiar you are with this software the more
important you are.
Some kind of Alpha male type heirachy.

He wants to put a barrier in place where Apache foundation wants no
barriers to free learning and free software.

He has not reported any bugs while I have reported so many in such a short
space of time.
He has warned me as well

So that Sean Owen does not put a barrier in place for me in my path to free
learning and free  Apache software
I would like somebody to clarify the criteria for me.

Backbutton.co.uk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶Java♡۶RMI ♡۶
Make Use Method {MUM}
makeuse.org
<http://www.backbutton.co.uk>

Re: OFF TOPIC LIST CRITERIA

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
Would it be surprising to know that I know the difference between a user
issue and a bug and feature.

I have commercial experience and training in safety critical software
(aerospace).  Believe me that is an entirely different world.
With entirely different standards.

Obviously if I want an answer because I am impatient then that is what the
line is for.
Otherwise why have a mailing list , just google it or read a book.

Even though I am beginning to get to know apache spark.
I have actually six books on the subject so I prepared in advance not to
rely on anyone.

This guy wants people only to ask those question which are of interest to
him.
Sadly there are people in IT who if they know a subject think they have a
moral authority too.
The two do not go hand in hand.

Backbutton.co.uk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯