Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ernie <er...@iss.nus.edu.sg> on 2000/07/31 10:57:20 UTC

Migrating from Cocoon 1.5 to 1.7

I'm a later comer to Cocoon 1.7.X having been very happy with Cocoon 1.5.X.
However, I've tried switching recently and found that my XML and XSL
documents are causing problems i.e. exceptions from Cocoon 1.7.4.

The "Changes" section doesn't seem to cast any light on these potential
pitfalls. Any ideas / pointers on how I can knock these documents into
shape esp from those users who have had to migrate from the 'old' Cocoon to
the 'new'?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Migrating from Cocoon 1.5 to 1.7

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Ernie wrote:

> I'm a later comer to Cocoon 1.7.X having been very happy with Cocoon 1.5.X.
> However, I've tried switching recently and found that my XML and XSL
> documents are causing problems i.e. exceptions from Cocoon 1.7.4.
>
> The "Changes" section doesn't seem to cast any light on these potential
> pitfalls. Any ideas / pointers on how I can knock these documents into
> shape esp from those users who have had to migrate from the 'old' Cocoon to
> the 'new'?

let's see... i think the big switch from cocoon-1.5 to cocoon-1.6 was the
switch to using xerces and xalan as the "preferred" helpers rather than
openxml and xsl:p. make sure you're including both of them in your
classpath. make sure your cocoon.properties is based on the latest
cocoon.properties as there are always possibly incompatible changes
between releases. you also may need to make sure that your PIs are:

<?cocoon-process?> instead of <?cocoon:process?>

finally, you need to make sure that your stylesheets reference the final
namespace for XSLT and have the version attribute:

<xsl:stylesheet
 version="1.0"

- donald