Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Per Thomas Jahr <pe...@newmad.no> on 2001/09/13 16:59:56 UTC

Problems with the get task on Windows 2000

Hi

I'm using the <get> task to install third party jar files from a web
server (using the HTTP protocol) like this:

<target name="installjars">
<!-- create the lib folder for all third party jar files -->
	<mkdir dir="${lib}" />
	<!-- copy jar files to the lib folder -->
	<get src="http://myweb.server.com/file1.jar"
		dest="${lib}/file1.jar"
		usetimestamp="true"
		verbose="yes"/>
</target>

According to the ant documentation the file should only be downloaded if
the timestamp on the server is newer than the local copy. This works
very well on Linux and ant reports "Not modified - so not downloaded".

But on Windows 2000 it downloads the file every time...

I can't figure out whats wrong. Has anyone else had problems with this?

My specifications:

Web server: Apache

Windows 2000:

   - Java 2 (1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)
   - ant 1.3 (and I've also tested ant 1.4)

Linux (Debian):
   - Java 2 (Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS)
   - ant 1.3

Thanks