Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by jeremy p <at...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/11 23:37:35 UTC

Re: How to set the max mappers per node on a per-job basis?

Okay, that might be what I need.  Let's say I have 10 nodes in my cluster,
and they all have the same specs.  For Job A (the one that isn't CPU
intensive) I want it to run with 50 mappers per node.  For Job B (the one
that is CPU intensive) I want it to run with 25 mappers per node.  Let's
assume that when each job runs, there are no other jobs running on the
cluster.  Can I just tell Hadoop to run 500 simultaneous mappers for Job A,
and when Job A is done, can I tell Hadoop to run 250 simultaneous mappers
for Job B?  How do I go about doing this?

I've read that mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum and
mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum cannot be overridden from the
client.  Will I run into problems because of that?

Thanks for the help.

--Jeremy

Re:Re: How to set the max mappers per node on a per-job basis?

Posted by pengwenwu <pe...@163.com>.
There is a JIRA dynamic resource configuration(YARN-291) can help this case to dynamic adjust the slot(MRV1)/Resource(include CPU&Memory MRv2) .

Regards,
Wenwu,Peng
VMware

Posted by pengwenwu <pe...@163.com>.