Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/24 21:56:03 UTC

Is there a good web front end application / interface for solr

Greetings guys,

Is there a good front end application / interface for solr?

Features I'm looking for are:
  configure query interface (using non programatic features)
  configure pagination
  configure bookmarking of results
  export results of a query to a csv or other format (JSON, etc.)

  Is there any demand for such an application?

Thanks.

Re: Is there a good web front end application / interface for solr

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Well, if what you want is straightforward like this, why not just use and tweak the templates that come with Solr's VelocityResponseWriter?

Have a look at /browse from a recent Solr distro to see what I mean.  It's very easily customizable.

Prism is my tinkering to pull the (Velocity, or otherwise) templating to another tier, yet keeping the templates very lean and clean for this type of purpose, so maybe you can find some value in using Prism, though admittedly it's just a quick (and somewhat dirty) hack at this point.

	Erik

Posted by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com>.
Well https://github.com/evolvingweb/ajax-solr is fairly decent for that --
haven't used it in a while but that is a minimalist client -- however I find
it hard to customize.

MM.

Posted by Fred Zimmerman <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Stewart <bs...@gmail.com>.
It is really not very difficult to build a decent web front-end to SOLR using one of the available client libraries (such as solrpy for python).

I recently build pretty full-featured search front-end to SOLR in python (using tornado web server and templates) and it was not difficult at all to build from scratch - it may have even been more work to learn and customize backlight.  I also wanted to avoid adding yet another language - since lots of other back-end code was already in python...

Posted by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.