Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1997/01/30 09:51:55 UTC

left in the dust

I just wanted to send a message to tell you all:

1) I haven't disappeared, I've been going at 500 miles an hour to deal with the
sudden monsoon of traffic to one of our client sites (I'm sure you all know
who) which has completely swamped our traffic, and I've had to manage the more
political end of things.  Now that we're DNS-rotating 3/4 of traffic to an
off-site machine things are better, (Ed, you rock, by the way!) but it's still
going to be awhile before things are normal schedule-wise for me.  Also, we
just closed a significant private investment into Organic from a holding
company, and facilitating that was a large amount of my time too.  I'll try and
catch up on everything over the next couple of nights, but it's clear you all
have been going at 10000 miles an hour (which is great).  I'll try and provide
a solution for the mod_rewrite situation, btw.  I just wanted to explain why I
haven't been voting or making bugdb changes, etc.

2) The connectivity to www.apache.org over the last week or so has been
horrendous, due mostly to this monsoon of traffic for thie one client.  Now
that they have shuffled off to an off-site server for the most part the traffic
should be a lot more reasonable - and we are implementing bandwidth limits for
other parts of their site so our T1's don't get 95% saturated like they were on
Monday and Tuesday.  Web traffic demand for high-visibility sites is so elastic
it's amazing...

Anyways, just an update.  Hopefully this weekend I'll get caught up.

	Brian