Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andy Stevens <in...@googlemail.com> on 2010/05/10 16:25:19 UTC

task to check for i18n tokens in resource bundle?

Hi,

Does anyone know of an easy way (using standard or custom Ant task(s),
or <script>) to scan over a set of JSP files, find all occurrences of
a custom JSP tag attribute (<spring:message code="some.label"/>) and
verify that the attribute's value (some.label) exists in a properties
file?
Having been caught out recently by a couple of missing localisation
entries in the app I'm working on (one a typo and one that hadn't been
added at all), I figured it would be handy if our CI server could
check them automatically and fail the build is there's a problem.
The regex to extract the values isn't difficult, but I'm stumped over
how to run it over the files and check for the matching value.  I
noticed a grep task in Antelope, but wasn't sure if that could do what
I need as it appears to work on a supplied string.

Andy
--
http://www.justgiving.com/margaret-ann

RE: task to check for i18n tokens in resource bundle?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Andy-

i can write a program that will accomplish these features in less than time than either
1)sed or
2)grep
(or any combination thereof)

(i'll leave it to the tools engineers for a more specific answer to this question)

anyone?
Martin Gainty