Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Leonard Cuff <lc...@valueclick.com> on 2009/10/16 20:04:04 UTC

specifying the location of zookeeper.log

I¹ve read through the admin manual at
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_loggi
ng
and I don¹t see that there is any way to specify a location for the server¹s
own log file.  zookeeper.log appears in the bin directory, regardless of
setting dataDir or dataLogDir in the configuration file. Am I overlooking
something?  Is there a way to have this file appear somewhere else?

TIA,

Leonard
--

Leonard Cuff
lcuff@valueclick.com

³This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying, distribution, posting, or
use of the information contained in or attached to this email is prohibited
unless permitted by the sender.  If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail, telephone, or fax
and destroy this original transmission and its included files without
reading or saving it in any manner. Thank you.²

Re: specifying the location of zookeeper.log

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
It allows you to set the log directory programmatically -- i.e.
without having to edit the log4j.properties file.

Patrick

Posted by sanjeev <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I just realized that as well :)

Sent out an email already!

mahadev

Posted by Leonard Cuff <lc...@valueclick.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Sorry some misinformation from my side.

You can actually change the log4j properties to get it to write to a file.

Using the following in your log4j properties file

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, FILE

log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.FILE.File={$dir}/zoo.log
log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} - %-5p

Will let you log to the output directory $dir.

Hope that helps!

mahadev

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Leonard,