Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Varuna Seneviratna <va...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/15 04:03:47 UTC

Not able to find Sudoku Game by Peter Kriens ?

Hi,
   Not able to find Sudoku Game by Peter Kriens by the link given at NetBeans
Platform Quick Start Using OSGi <https://t.co/YXSJ6SCNZH?amp=1>, Can you
help, please.

Varuna

Re: Not able to find Sudoku Game by Peter Kriens ?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Instead do this tutorial instead:
https://netbeans.apache.org/tutorials/nbm-selection-1.html

Better still, get the book: https://leanpub.com/nbp4beginners

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Fwd: Not able to find Sudoku Game by Peter Kriens ?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
So you need the game specifically for the tutorial. What is the reason that
you're doing that specific tutorial, what is it that you're trying to
achieve?

If you are not able to reach out to Peter Kriens for the game, it probably
means that the game is no longer available.

Gj

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 7:34 AM Varuna Seneviratna <

Posted by Varuna Seneviratna <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Varuna Seneviratna <va...@gmail.com>.
The link at

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 15 May 2020, 21:42 Peter Steele, <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Users participate in the Apache community by helping other users on
> mailing lists and user support forums.

Which part of that sentence suggests users' help in fixing up support
documentation would not be very appreciated?!

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Not able to find Sudoku Game by Peter Kriens ?

Posted by Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com>.
Alan

I meant open source, typo on my part. I understand the difference between
the old and new setup.

Geertjan

See here

https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

Specifically look at the roles section, the user and developer role are
posted below. This is what I meant when I was talking about the differences
between users and developers.

USER¶ <https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#users>

A *user* is someone that uses our software. They contribute to the Apache
projects by providing feedback to developers in the form of bug reports and
feature suggestions. Users participate in the Apache community by helping
other users on mailing lists and user support forums.
DEVELOPER <https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#developers>

A *developer* is a user who contributes to a project in the form of code or
documentation. They take extra steps to participate in a project, are
active on the developer mailing list, participate in discussions, provide
patches, documentation, suggestions, and criticism. Developers are also
known as *contributors*

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
I disagree. :-)

Posted by Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com>.
Geertjan

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Varuna Seneviratna <va...@gmail.com>.
Geertjan, I found him on Twitter @pkriens . I have tweeted at you
informing info. I DMed to Peter Kriens asking the for Sudoku game

On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 22:39, Varuna Seneviratna <

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joel Craig <jc...@wavelinkinc.com>.
Try here