Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> on 2014/09/30 22:54:11 UTC

Getting non-default tests to pass

I'm running tests on branch_5x to see how things look for release, and
turning on additional tests (nightly, weekly, monster) ... a bunch of
Test2B tests are failing, apparently because the heap is too small.
I've been trying to figure out how to make it larger, haven't found it yet.

What options are required to make sure that the test JVMs have the
resources required for these tests to complete properly?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Getting non-default tests to pass

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/30/2014 2:54 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> I'm running tests on branch_5x to see how things look for release, and
> turning on additional tests (nightly, weekly, monster) ... a bunch of
> Test2B tests are failing, apparently because the heap is too small.
> I've been trying to figure out how to make it larger, haven't found it yet.
>
> What options are required to make sure that the test JVMs have the
> resources required for these tests to complete properly?

I got some help on the IRC dev channel on increasing the heap size.  I'm
trying now with -Dtests.heapsize=2g because 1g wasn't enough for them to
pass.  It's taking a really long time, I'm hoping that's because it's
working, not because it's still too small.  The machine where I'm
running them also runs a number of actively updated Solr indexes that
are far too large for the available OS disk cache (which has now been
decreased by about 6GB -- three test JVMs at 2GB each), so that is
probably contributing to performance issues.

Thanks,
Shawn