Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 21:22:38 UTC

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Hello infrastructure team,
could Apache spare a demo server for Openmeetings technology? Here is
a list of requirements or the server:

> virtual Ubuntu host
> 1Gb memory
> 20 Mbit/s of bandwidth (the more, the better)
> 25% of modern 2-core processor

We are also interested in opening two jabber channels (for Russian and
English real time messaging on openmeetings) with the following
requirements
1) history on the web site;
2) rss channel;
3) irc-like group chat;
4) I had four and forgot one... anyway it was conventional

Is it somehow possible?

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
On 24/09/13 11:31, seba.wagner@gmail.com wrote:
> We can try to keep the sign up open for everybody.
> However the problem with that is the pure amount of data those users will
> create.
>
> However there might be other reasons why LDAP is not suited, for instance
> that we don't want that anybody enters his Apache Password into our
> application.
>
> We can discuss this when there is actually a server.

Give me a confirmed spec and I will see what I can do.

--

Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com
GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
We can try to keep the sign up open for everybody.
However the problem with that is the pure amount of data those users will
create.

However there might be other reasons why LDAP is not suited, for instance
that we don't want that anybody enters his Apache Password into our
application.

We can discuss this when there is actually a server.

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tony,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tony,

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.

--

Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com
GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.

--

Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com
GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
On 24/09/13 07:01, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> Dear Tony,
>
> Are the any updates on this topic?

Maxim, apologies the host was re-purposed for a short period to test a
theory (which sorted of helped us). Now the host just need to be built,
and deployed.

We have been waiting to hear back from VMware about a license, however I
think we have now decided to move on to ApacheCS/KVM to provide VMs.

--

Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com
GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Dear Tony,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Dear Tony,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
> [...]

>> With best regards / с наилучшими пожеланиями,
>> Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
>> http://dataved.ru/
>> +7 916 562 8095

>>> Alexi, actually someone just reminded me that our new EU colo provider
>>> has enough bandwidth to cope with your request - however it is not QoSed
>>> so it cannot be guaranteed - but giving the amount they made available
>>> to us I dont think you would make a significant dent in that.
>>>
>>> The only issue now is the lack of hardware in this location to 'make it
>>> so'. We could look at purchasing a new box for the site, but we wouldnt
>>> be able to guarantee you the 25% of the server you wanted, and it would
>>> be a virtual machine that we'd give you.
>>>
>>> The colo would be in Europe, specifically in Germany.  Would this be an
>>> issue for you?
>>>
>>> Please let us know, and I *might* be able to carry this forward.

Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
> [...]

>> With best regards / с наилучшими пожеланиями,
>> Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
>> http://dataved.ru/
>> +7 916 562 8095

>>> Alexi, actually someone just reminded me that our new EU colo provider
>>> has enough bandwidth to cope with your request - however it is not QoSed
>>> so it cannot be guaranteed - but giving the amount they made available
>>> to us I dont think you would make a significant dent in that.
>>>
>>> The only issue now is the lack of hardware in this location to 'make it
>>> so'. We could look at purchasing a new box for the site, but we wouldnt
>>> be able to guarantee you the 25% of the server you wanted, and it would
>>> be a virtual machine that we'd give you.
>>>
>>> The colo would be in Europe, specifically in Germany.  Would this be an
>>> issue for you?
>>>
>>> Please let us know, and I *might* be able to carry this forward.

Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Artyom,

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Artyom,

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: A server for Openmeetings

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.

Re: Fwd: Offer of an additional day at West Cambridge Day Nursery

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.
Alexei Fedotov wrote on Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:22:38PM +0400:
> Hello infrastructure team,
> could Apache spare a demo server for Openmeetings technology? Here is
> a list of requirements or the server:
>
> > virtual Ubuntu host

This we can do.

> > 1Gb memory

This we can do.

--
Cheers,
Tony

----------------------------------
Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66
----------------------------------

Re: Fwd: Offer of an additional day at West Cambridge Day Nursery

Posted by Tony Stevenson <pc...@apache.org>.
Alexei Fedotov wrote on Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:22:38PM +0400:
> Hello infrastructure team,
> could Apache spare a demo server for Openmeetings technology? Here is
> a list of requirements or the server:
>
> > virtual Ubuntu host

This we can do.

> > 1Gb memory