Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/02 00:39:57 UTC

HDFS NFS gateway - export only a specific directory

Hello,

HDFS NFS Gateway by default exports / (root, whole HDFS)

Could not find a way to export just a subdirectory within HDFS.

Looked at
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsNfsGateway.html
and at
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/admin_hdfs_nfsgateway.html

$ showmount -e <nfs_server_ip_address>

You should see output similar to the following:

Exports list on <nfs_server_ip_address>:
/ (everyone)

Any ideas if this is possible to export through NFS gwateway a specific
HDFS directory?

Best regards,
Ruslan Dautkhanov

Re: HDFS NFS gateway - export only a specific directory

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Ruslan,

Issues HDFS-5469 and HDFS-6056 implemented the nfs.export.point configuration property to control the export.

Does this look like what you need?

I don't see the property in our documentation.  If you can confirm that this is what you were looking for, then I'll enter a follow-up jira to make sure this information gets into our documentation.

I hope this helps.

--Chris Nauroth