Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Jorge Lorenzo <jo...@tid.es> on 2003/06/26 01:47:12 UTC

[juddi-Users] Communication link failure

Hi all,

When JUDDI register has been working for a day (more or less), I always get
a "Communication link failure" exception.
The request is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
      <soapenv:Body>
         <get_authToken cred="admin1" generic="2.0" userID="admin"
xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"/>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

and the response is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
      <soapenv:Body>
         <Fault>
            <faultcode></faultcode>
            <faultstring>Communication link failure:
java.io.IOException</faultstring>
         </Fault>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

In the JUDDI logs:

2003-06-26 15:22:03,637 [Thread-5] INFO
org.juddi.datastore.jdbc.PublisherTable - select from PUBLISHER table:

	SELECT PUBLISHER_NAME,ADMIN FROM PUBLISHER WHERE PUBLISHER_ID=?
	 PUBLISHER_ID=admin

2003-06-26 15:22:03,639 [Thread-5] ERROR
org.juddi.datastore.jdbc.PublisherTable - Communication link failure:
java.io.IOException
2003-06-26 15:22:03,641 [Thread-5] ERROR
org.juddi.registry.function.GetAuthTokenFunction - RegistryException:
Communication link failure: java.io.IOException
 SOAPFault Actor: null
 SOAPFault Code: null
 SOAPFault String: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException

 [A DispositionReport was not present]
2003-06-26 15:22:03,670 [Thread-5] INFO
org.juddi.datastore.jdbc.JDBCDataStoreFactory - release a JDBC connection
back into the  the DataSource connection pool.

This problem is solved when I restart the tomcat server (where is JUDDI).

I'm using Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14, mysql-3.23.54a, and the last
version of JUDDI (juddi_0.7.0).

It looks like a bug.

Best regards,
Jorge

RE: [juddi-Users] RE: Communication link failure

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
Jorge,

The default for juddi.useConnectionPool is false, so if you don't have it in
the config, then it is using your tomcat resource setup, that would imply
that there is a problem in the datasource connection. May be a small prog
that uses your tomcat connection alone will help to debug and find why the
connection is failing.

regards,
-Anou

From: Steve Viens <sv...@at...>
 RE: Communication link failure
2003-06-26 01:54
 Jorge, are you using the jUDDI-based Connection Pooling or are you using
 a JNDI DataSource setup under Tomcat (preferred method).

 To quickly determine if you're using jUDDI-based Connection Pooling, see
 if the juddi.useConnectionPool property is set to "true" in the
 juddi.properties file.

 Steve

Posted by Jorge Lorenzo <jo...@tid.es>.
Hi all,

Finally I found on the Internet how to solve this problem. I appended
"autoReconnect=true" to the JDBC connection url in the server.xml file
($CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml).

<Context path="/juddi" docBase="juddi" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/juddiDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
      <value>jdbc:mysql://myhost:3306/juddi?autoReconnect=true</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>

I haven't tested with the JUDDI property "juddi.useConnectionPool".

Regards,
Jorge

RE: [juddi-Users] Communication link failure

[...]

Communication link failure: java.io.IOException  SOAPFault Actor: null