Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Darren Hoo <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/18 16:14:27 UTC

ndv with having not work in cdh6

This Query works  in CDH5 but fails in CDH6:

         select

           contentid,

           parse_url(refer, 'HOST') as domain,

           ndv(uuid) uv

           from domain_logs and keywords is null group by contentid, domain
  having uv > 3;

ERROR: AnalysisException: Could not resolve column/field reference: 'uv'

Impala Version: Server version: impalad version 3.2.0-cdh6.2.0 RELEASE
(build edc19942b4debdbfd485fbd26098eef435003f5d)

How to write this SQL in impala 3.2?

Re: ndv with having not work in cdh6

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
IMPALA-5191 is not a bug, it was a change in behaviour to make Impala more
standard conforming. The SQL standard doesn't allow references to select
list aliases within HAVING expressions and the old Impala behaviour
prevented a bunch of valid SQL queries from running. It's expected although
unfortunate that some non-standard queries like yours that previously
worked now no longer work after the change.

Posted by Darren Hoo <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Rahn <gr...@gmail.com>.
This is due to

Posted by Darren Hoo <da...@gmail.com>.