Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/11 02:55:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.7.0

This is the first release candidate for Apache Whirr, version 0.7.0.

It fixes the following
issues:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311110&version=12317571

*** Please download, test and vote by December 14.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source and binary files:http://people.apache.org/~asavu/whirr-0.7.0-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-317/

The tag to be voted
upon:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/tags/release-0.7.0

Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the
release:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/dist/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.7.0

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
My +1.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
First of all thanks for voting! I am now preparing a new RC that fixes the
binary release build problem.

Thanks David for providing a patch!
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-449?focusedCommentId=13169718#comment-13169718

I think there are no other changes we need to make.

Posted by Adrian Cole <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Andrei.

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.7.0 - logging

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
+1 in the case of the cli, choosing a specific slf4j impl makes sense,
and it should be consistent between test and runtime

Posted by Alex Heneveld <Al...@CloudsoftCorp.com>.
Andrei-

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Patrick do you think there are any other licensing issues?

I formulated my response while your email was in transit. I just +1'd
- the tests pass for me and I don't see any licensing issues with the
source artifact.

Patrick

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.7.0

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

I run some tests with Cassandra, it looks good.

Regards
JB

On 12/11/2011 02:55 AM, Andrei Savu wrote:
> This is the first release candidate for Apache Whirr, version 0.7.0.
>
> It fixes the following
> issues:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311110&version=12317571
>

> *** Please download, test and vote by December 14.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
> for convenience.
>
> Source and binary files:http://people.apache.org/~asavu/whirr-0.7.0-candidate-0/
>
> Maven staging repo:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-317/
>

> The tag to be voted
> upon:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/tags/release-0.7.0
>
> Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the
> release:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/dist/KEYS

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org