Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2000/07/16 16:40:22 UTC

SSL

We're running Cocoon 1.7.4 with Apache+mod_jserv+Tomcat
Apache passes http and https request to Tomcat. I can
see the dir index. But when it comes to display the
xml files http is just fine but when I try to access
a xml file (to be served by Cocoon) over https
I get a http 400 error.
Don't understand why... where's the difference for
tomcat/cocoon?
--
Torsten

RE: SSL

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> > Apache1.3.12+mod_ssl, modJServ.dll from jarkata,
> > Tomcat 3.1 on Windows 2000
> Hmmm... I don't know which version of mod_ssl that is but I had problems
> with this stuff before Tomcat 3.1.  For a while I had to use Apache JServ
> 1.1b1 because the JServ 1.1 release version didn't pass Tomcat
> session data

Hm... don't know which version the mod_Jserv.dll from jakarta is!
It's also not using the extended API! Argh...
I hate not being able to commpile this stuff by myself!

> between SSL and non-SSL URL's.  I'm wondering if this is the same issue.
> Either way, you're better off posting on the Tomcat list or the JServ list
> to see what's going on.  I'm sure it's not a cocoon problem.

Well, but here are people that may have encountered the same problem...

> sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thanks anyway ;-)
--
Torsten

Re: SSL

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 7/16/00 10:18 AM, Torsten Curdt at tcurdt@dff.st wrote:

> Apache1.3.12+mod_ssl, modJServ.dll from jarkata,
> Tomcat 3.1 on Windows 2000
Hmmm... I don't know which version of mod_ssl that is but I had problems
with this stuff before Tomcat 3.1.  For a while I had to use Apache JServ
1.1b1 because the JServ 1.1 release version didn't pass Tomcat session data
between SSL and non-SSL URL's.  I'm wondering if this is the same issue.
Either way, you're better off posting on the Tomcat list or the JServ list
to see what's going on.  I'm sure it's not a cocoon problem.

sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Mike

RE: SSL

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.